Field Service & Customer Support Engineer - Eastern England
We are looking for a skilled electro-mechanical engineer to join our field-based service team. You will provide technical support and ongoing equipment servicing and maintenance for our range of industrial coding equipment. You will need to be self-motivated with the ability to work alone but as a key member of a core team.
Our coding equipment is used by customers across a whole range of industries (from food companies to optic fibre manufacturers) for printing variable data and other key product information. This role will take you to a wide variety of companies in lots of different locations.
The role is based in the East of the UK but will also require travel throughout the UK and Ireland.
- Salary: competitive, negotiable based on experience
- High-spec company vehicle
- Mobile, laptop, iPad
Who we are looking for
For this Field Service Engineer role, we are looking for someone with sound electronic and mechanical skills and with good commercial awareness. You will relish a challenge and adapting your skills to new equipment and processes. With the support of the rest of the team, you will work autonomously and will need to be happy to work away from home. Part of the role will involve providing training and phone-based technical support so you will also have strong communication skills.
You must have permission to work in the UK and a full current driving licence. A high-spec company vehicle will be provided. Occasionally service calls may occur outside of normal office hours and attendance on-site may be required.
Core Skills and Aptitude
- Electronic skills: high level electronics skills
- Diagnostics skills: ability to diagnose faults to board level
- Mechanical skills: good level of mechanical expertise, ideally with formal qualifications
- Communication skills: strong verbal communication and customer service skills with a good level of written English
- Logic: demonstrable, methodical, logical approach to fault finding and problem solving
- Travel: willing to routinely travel distances exceeding 100 miles
- Work ethic: self-starting, able to work autonomously without daily supervision
- Results-driven and motivated by first time fix mentality
- Personal organisation skills: excellent administration and paperwork/visit documentation skills
- Time management: good time management skills and the ability to manage multiple activities/projects simultaneously
- Versatility: you should be prepared to travel within the UK for work (to other PrintSafe/customer/supplier/event sites), to include up to 4 overnight stays per week, average of 2-3 overnight stays/week
Additional Skills, Qualities and Qualifications
- Industry experience: FMCG or packaging industry experience
- Management skills: Project management skills
- Training skills: Ability to successfully train and coach other PrintSafe engineers and customer operators and technicians
- Basic IT skills: Windows, Email, Internet, Word, Excel as a minimum
- Education: BTEC/ONC (or equivalent) formal electronics training as a minimum, ideally HNC/HND Electronics qualified
- Ability to multi task and prioritise in a methodical, systematic manner
- Friendly and customer-focused
- Commercial awareness
- Adaptable and flexible
How to Apply
Please express initial interest by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please follow this with an email detailing your specific skills and experience for the role with a full current CV including work-related references.
Please also include any supporting documentation to enhance our understanding of your aptitude for the role. All applications to: email@example.com
CLOSING DATE: 28/12/2018