Published1st November, 2018
What if you could take a manual step out of your date code printing process – and significantly reduce the risk of printing the wrong code on your packs?
This is what one of our customers said about the Code-Scan handheld scanner:
The scanner has been a relatively inexpensive way of removing human intervention for date code printing. It automates the date code format and shelf life allocation per product type or customer. Designing out the risk of human error is an obvious benefit to any organisation. It’s easy to set up and use and as such, we would recommend to other companies.
The code-scan handheld scanner connects to your alphaJET or ICE printer to automate date and batch code message setup. It eliminates manual entry mistakes and speeds up batch changeover.
Operators no longer need access to the message editor. And there’s no uncertainty over offsets or message format. Simply scan the barcode on your primary packaging or job pack to load the correct message or message content.
Automate a Step in Your Off-line Coding
If you are coding your packs off-line on the udaFORMAXX sleeve feeder, the scanner will not only help you remove the risk of ‘wrong code’, it also helps you towards compliance with your customers’ Codes of Practice.
- Removes manual entry requirement, helping towards compliance with customer codes of practice
- Reduces the risk of fines and other costs from incorrect date codes or lot codes
- Cuts setup time required for batch changeover
- Reduces operator training requirement for new or temporary staff
- Keeps your codes safe; operators don’t need access to the label editor, guaranteeing the integrity of your message store
- Removes risk of confusion between similar packaging formats with critically different messages and offsets
If any of these strike a chord, you can find more detail here.