We can help you with reliable printers and specialist inks for wire and cable marking. Koenig & Bauer Coding alphaJET continuous inkjet printers and inks are used worldwide for marking and coding during extrusion, sheathing, processing or rewind.
The printer is running well, over 3 million prints without a fault. We are printing on white silicone cable and getting very good adhesion results at 400m per minute.
Speed and Precision with alphaJET Continuous Inkjets
alphaJET continuous inkjets deliver high-quality print, even in high-speed cable marking applications. Pigmented and UV curable inks provide high contrast marks that don’t transfer on contact. The icon-based menu, drag and drop editor and large touchscreen offer ‘smartphone-style’ simplicity.
alphaJET inkjets include most of the features you need as standard – including distance measurement. Additional software is available for feet to meter (and vice versa) conversion, cutting signal and text distribution for meter marking.
- Marking extruded cable before cooling
- Printing on fibre optic cable after extrusion or bonding
- Marking multi-core cables before and after sheathing
- Marking during cut, strip and crimp processes
- Printing on ambient cable during high-speed rewind
Key Benefits :
- Codes that resist transfer on a coiled spool
- High-speed coding for fast rewind speeds
- Print TrueType fonts at speed
- Print 2D codes, alphanumeric text and logos
- Proven inks for marking silicone
- Distance measurement and metre marking
- Proven measurement accuracy, even at high speeds
- Integration with Schleuniger and Komax equipment
- Bright, legible codes that stand out on dark and coloured substrates
- Clear marks that survive heat, moisture and other production challenges
- High-adhesion inks for most sheathed cable variants, including PVC, PVC-LSOH, HDPE, HFFR and XLPE